Thursday, May 23, 2013

On Completely Different Matters.

In one day the new Pope:
1. Denounced capitalism and the problems of greed.
2. Said that those who do good were offered the redemption of Christ.

I still don't think this solves the problems that the various factions of Christianity have, but they're both interesting steps to take. I'm sure the first link will make Gordon wonder more about Vatican owned banks and shady deals, and geopolitics... And the second link pretty much gives one less reason to rant about the evils of the Christian church (of which there are plenty, as with all human organizations).

Seriously? I just want to see some pedophiles subject to prosecution, as they should be for having abused those who they were trusted to care for. Then I will promptly leave the Catholic church alone until the Cardinals elect another Hitler Youth member or something.

For a while, the Church seriously looked more like an organization headed by Sith Lords versus something dedicated to spreading the love of Christ.

[EDIT] I still wouldn't join the church, even if prosecutions happened. Because I'd still take issue with the treatment of sex, and other crap. Still. Nice to hear some... nice... comments from the Pope.

4 comments:

Melitta Benu said...

"Seriously? I just want to see some pedophiles subject to prosecution, as they should be for having abused those who they were trusted to care for. "

THIS. (Melitta...in case this thing decides not to post my name again.)

Jack Faust said...

The lack of helping those seeking prosecution in places where the abusive actions took place is probably the one thing that keeps me from being swayed to the idea that this guy is different.

At this point only action on that matter will ever change my mind. Still. Steps are steps.

Gordon said...

1. Talk is cheap. They all say that.

2. THAT BEING SAID, if he views the behaviour of the Vatican Bank as a risk to the survival of the Papacy, as he should, then his Jesuit oath kicks in and he has to fix it.

I have my fingers crossed for that outcome, but I'm not expecting it.

Deborah Castellano said...

@Gordon - I think he's looking to rock out Jesuit style. I also think the Vatican banks are going to have him killed before it happens.
[/foil hat]