Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Green Lantern Corps


There's a storm coming, brother, and the galaxy will need everyone of strong and true heart to survive. - Saint Walker, Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

Since other magicians already have claims to being occult representations of Star Fleet, the Jedi Knights, the rebels from the Matrix and whatever side the humans of BSG are on, I feel we need to balance things out.

Clearly the only way to do this is to suffuse the universe with the Light of Will and take our orders from Immortal Smurfs (obviously, they will be our Secret Chiefs), etc.

I'm sure someone else can form the Sinestro Corps, Red Lanterns, Blue Lanterns, etc, etc. Hell, R.O. could probably pass for this guy:

This absolutely must be done - is possibly the most pressing concern of the month - lest all Heroic Fiction and Good Guy roles by stolen by other Gonzo Magicians.

Now. To get back to writing and reading crap that actually matters.

11 comments:

Rufus Opus said...

I'm so misunderstood! When was the last time I posted anything avaricious? Except maybe that "if you want me to lift the curse it will cost you money" stuff today?

I take money because that's what makes it real to most people. It's a symbol of the value of the information. It's a pact. Do you begrudge the spirits their offerings too?

Jack Faust said...

For the record, I love Larfleeze as a character. Lol

I wasn't being mean or mocking your love of stuff and money. It's human and great. I don't begrudge you the cash, nor the spirits their due. It all works out in the end, bro.

Brother Christopher said...

I will form the White Lantern's then. Although a friend today said I would probably be Indigo or Violet, I think I just like the White Lantern's the most.

Jason Miller, said...

At the moment I would love to take on running the Red Lanterns.

Jack Faust said...

@Jason: Henceforth, you'll be known as "Lord Atrocitus" on backwater worlds the galaxy over. And kick some major ass.

Jack Faust said...

@Bro. Chris: A silly question, but if you could resurrect anyone, who would it be?

V.V.F. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V.V.F. said...

Saint Walker, reporting for duty.

Brother Christopher said...

ooooo, that's a touch question...

my childhood best friend's older brother, who was killed by a drunk driver while doing a late night grocery run. His name also happened to be Christopher, and was greatly mourned by my friend and his family.

Lance Michael Foster said...

I'd like to join the Jacko Lanterns if they exist.

VVF, I wanted to be a saint ever since I was a little Catholic kid hanging out in the Cathedral marveling at the stained glass and reading "Lives of the Saints."

V.V.F. said...

@Lance - I think a good number of us occult types started out like that. I was eventually rendered unfit for sainthood, but I'd still like a blue lantern ring.