Sunday, October 30, 2011

Put Drugs in the Candy!

“For if it were not Dionysus for whom they held their processions and sang their songs, it would be a completely shameful act to the reverent; Hades and Dionysus, for whom they go mad and rage, are one and the same.”
- Heraclitus







“Folklore has given us much evidence for believing that the pleasure man takes in the fruits and flowers of the earth, the enjoyment he has in her intoxicating liquids – in fact, that gaiety, in general, can be linked with those moments when man salutes his dead...”
- Walter F. Otto, Dionysus: Myth and Cult (P. 116)

*Note: I am not actually advocating putting drugs in candy for kids. Obviously, drugs should only be used by adults aware of the potential hazards that they bring. I would include in this category the ADD meds you force your children to take daily, and that they probably sell at school to spite you.

2 comments:

Mr Black said...

Bill Maher is so effin hilarious.

I would as well, if I could afford it, lol - j/k. (I'll be keeping those)

Rose Weaver said...

LOL... I love Bill Maher. He's hilarious while being spot on!