Tuesday, June 22, 2010

God, and his Plan... Which, of course, YOU Know.

Okay. So, whoever emailed me that silly “Call to Christ” on Facebook....

... while I found it funny, I also considered the thoughts involved to be convoluted on the level of the fanatic. And I'm not a “Spiritual Leader.” If I led anything, it'd be a Conflagration of - err...

Anyway. Not a “Spiritual Leader.” Not interested in the position, power, or glory. And if “God” has a plan, it's definitely way too subtle for you fucking monkeys to get.

The world has had enough of Mankind trying to Guide It In The Name of God. Let's let God do what God Does (“Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh,” anyone?) and stop stuffing our words in the mouths of deities.

And finally: Mithras was still cooler than Christ. And Dionysos was cooler than both of those lot. And I have a very soft spot for Hermes in his Psychopomp aspect. You people are the reason I'm so critical of Theosophy. You give Esoteric Christians a Bad Name. Tsk.

Now then. Video games and slaughtering things. ... Sometimes, when I want to creep myself out, I imagine the characters exist in some world where I'm a terrible deity imposing my Plan on them. And it's about then that I stop thinking about that thought, and go back to Beating Up Darkspawn. With an elven, female rogue. Because I tend think women and swords go together...

EDIT: Case in point... Somehow God's Plan always involves things like this. It is precisely such things I've declared anathema to my daily life, and thought patterns. I wouldn't fucking truck with that lot even if they begged. Which they wouldn't. Since I clearly, like, worship The Devil or some shit.

1 comment:

Frater A.I.T. said...

I know you're rage, and burn in sympathy. One second they rant about God being beyond Understanding, and then proceed to tell you exactly what God's plan is, as if they had a chance in hell of comprehending such a thing...as if God can be comprehended at all.

It's like explaining string theory to moss growing on a rock somewhere. If I sat next to it and it was even dimly aware that I existed, it would be a miracle. Grasping human plans and ideas? Absurd. So it is with God and most of us, and these people have the nerve to tell other people what God "wants". F-ing amazing.