Thursday, June 17, 2010

Arg. Um. Shit.


So...

... Today I was gonna release my new Wordpress blog. But since some other folks were going to be getting blogs too, and Wordpress announced that Wordpress 3.0 now came with Multisite integration, I upgraded.

And of course switched to multisite.

And then promptly realized I was in over my head. So you probably won't see the blog today. Today, I'll probably watch a couple movies about beating rather than beat my head against a technological wall and try and pretend I have any clue as to what I'm doing.

Tomorrow I'll start fresh.

Also: Jack Parsons died 58 years ago today when he dropped a vial of fulminate of mercury in his house in LA, and Babalon's prophesy toward him came true: “Thou shalt become a living flame before she incarnates.”

Which is a pity. Because he really was the only good thing Thelema had to offer at the time. (I mean, at least he later didn't write a book titled The Slaves Shall Serve... Instead he wrote one titled Freedom is a Two-Edged Sword. It's been out of print for a long, long time. And most of his writings are heading into the public domain twilight zone shortly. You might, like, see them pop up on the new blog. Just sayin'.)

EDIT: Ahem. Jack died 58 years ago, too. Eep. Fixed.

EDIT #2: The extremely awesome faoladh brought to my attention the fact that Freedom is a Two-Edged Sword is still in print. That's awesome!

8 comments:

Frater A.I.T. said...

Hey bro-I'm a web designer/developer...if you need any help, I gotchoback. Looking forward to seeing your new digs!

Lady Scylla said...

I have friends still convinced I'm Babalon.

It could explain a few things.

Jack Faust said...

@AIT: Sir, you really ought to drop me a line at dionysianatavism@gmail.com

Largely so I can sporadically harass you. Or-what-have-you.

@Scylla: I love Babalon. (Happy sigh.)

Psyche said...

I've designed four sites in WordPress. Let me know if you have any questions.

faoladh said...

Actually, Freedom Is A Two-Edged Sword is in print, as far as I know.

Jack Faust said...

@Faoladh: Holy crap! You're right! I was like, "what? New Falcon pulled it off the shelf long before the company went under." I had no idea "Publisher: Thelema Media, L.L.C. (March 1, 2001)" was producing it.

I'll add a link tonight or tomorrow! That's fricking awesome!

faoladh said...

Yeah, every once in a while the Caliphate OTO does something right.

溫淑芬 said...

你不能左右天氣,但你可以改變心情.............................................................