Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lemarchand's Box

“The extraordinary thing is this: the moment you make a story or create an image that finds favor with an audience, you've effectively lost it. It toddles off, the little bastard; it becomes the property of fans. It is they who create around it their own mythologies; who make sequels in their imagination; who point out the inconsistencies in your plotting... I can envisage no greater compliment.”
- Clive Barker, Hellraiser #1

Gordon's asked what Wizards have taught us this week... And I was like, “Crap. I got nothin'.”

However, yesterday I was invited to one of the more awesome Facebook groups: “Let's get James Curcio to hand-craft the Lament Configuration.”

So I have agreed to help in the, err, “research.” I have, uh, “acquired” all the Hellraiser comics, found a PDF of Clive Barker's The Hellbound Heart and plan to watch either Hellraiser or Hellraiser II: Hellbound later this week. Now, before you ask: no. I haven't seen any of the films since the fourth came out. It was clear the franchise was going downhill upon watching Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth... But I might even endure those.

Now then...

What's your pleasure, sir?

LAST EDIT:


3 comments:

Frater A.I.T. said...

This would be awesome. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to resist fiddling with it, and henceforth would be unable to sleep at night.

Hey, I've got kids, man....

Jack Faust said...

@AIT: Hey, man. I think having kids is a great reason to not evoke Cenobites! LOL.

Jhonn Barghest said...

Two things:

1. Today, I was having a conversation with the guy with whom I'm doing this one-off-experimental-what-the-fuck performance with. We were discussing 'the future' and stuff like that; things other than music. For him, it was this totally cool avenue in social anthropology that may just send him to Cornell. For me, it was about exploring 'new frontiers' and such. Then I come home to find this and I laugh my ass off.

2. Very recently, I have picked up the compilation, Hellbound Hearts, because I just had to. I also dug out my Hellraiser vids this morning too. HAHAHA!!


Anyway, I'm all about this. Period.