Wednesday, February 24, 2010

formspring.me: What advice to come back to?

Let's say I've been an on-again off-again aspiring magician for years, but never quite make it past the 'read a lot of different things about a lot of different approaches' phase. What advice would you give me to help me dive into to actually practicing?

Divination. Find a tarot deck that has the exact kind've symbolism you feel works best for you. Consult it about what you've read so far. While doing so, also keep in mind what you like and don't like. Sometimes you'll look at something and dismiss it while liking an element, and then return to it later. And I mean, you can really do this with any oracle (I, Ching; Obi, Geomancy) if cards don't work for you. The first question I ever asked was: "what model of magick works best for me?" I had no idea, since I hadn't tried any. Over the course of a year I came away with an idea of what seemed to be working and what wasn't. And the entire process really is a bit like that.

Ask me anything

No comments: