Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Nocebo Effect.


Some years ago, I recall reading Peter Carroll's commentary on "Red Magick" (which was, as far as I can tell, based on William S. Burroughs exposition on war magick and effective psychological cursing) and being intrigued. About two years later I got the first-hand chance to experience what that shit can actually do to you, which was enlightening to say the least. I only needed that lesson once. ("Does it work?" Yes. If you can work it.)

New Scientist has recently published an article on the Nocebo effect, which is the inverse of the placebo effect and you can read about it here.



"People used to wig out on me and say things like: 'You're giving kids occult guns!' And I'd respond: 'No. I'm giving kids occult guns with bullets in them. So you'd better not piss off those kids!"
- From a private conversation with a member of the Old School A/X regarding his forged version of Des Vermis Mysteriis.

1 comment:

Jason Miller, said...

Nice to see a post from you again. Thanks for the link as well. Great find.