Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Daemon of Protection

Ut quid Domine repellis animam meam, avertis faciem tuam a me...

I invoke thee, Daemon of Protection! I, who sit within the Abyss, call upon you as a Child of No-Thing. I, who am a King wandering as a beggar! I evoke thee by the number one-thousand-two-hundred and two, which is one of thy hidden names!

Advocabit caelum desursum et terram. Congregate illi sanctos eius qui ordinant testamentum eius super sacrificia.

I invoke thee, who’s name is Malak Ta’us—dragon-peacock Lord of the Sand! I who am from the line of Moses, from the Tribe of Kings, from the Land of No-Thing; remove from me those Daemons that restrain me; command for me the legions of the Daemons who swim in the air, those daemons who rise from the sea, who endow the ground; who burn within the sacred fires. I invoke thee, Malak Ta’us who stood with the First and the Last, the alpha-and-omega; who holds the sword of judgment between iron-clawed hands.

Audi populus meus et loquar tibi Israhel et testificabor: tibi Deus ex Machina.

From the Abyss, I call upon thee Daemon of Protection, sunderer of Hell by tears of flame and iridescent beauty.

Cognovi omnia volatilia caeli et pulchritudo agri mecum est.

I am the Daemon of Protection who stands upon the crested, white-black stone hills. I am the Daemon of Protection who stands before the Basalt Towers of Chorazin; who moves amongst the hidden glades within the Garden of Tears, who’s bright lapis eyes flash before the wind.

Quoniam meae sunt omnes ferae silvarum iumenta in montibus et boves. Cognovi omnia volatilia caeli et pulchritudo agri mecum est.

I am the Daemon by whom the hand is guided across the red seas; I am the daemon by whom protection is gained within the cities of blue steel. I am. I am. I am the one who begetteth and destroyeth; I am the favor of the aeon; my name is a heart encircled by a serpent; come forth and follow.

NOTE: The "official" version of this ritual appears in Sutra of the Poison Buddha IV and can be found here: http://www.lucifel.net/sutras/.

Primary basis comes from the Stele of Jeu ("The Headless Ritual"), numerical Gematria for Malak Ta'us was found using standard Gematria (I also used the Gematria of Nothing, or GON, but disliked the results and their correspodences); the latin VM comes from the "Psalm 49," however it's been modified (at specific points) to contain very specific memetic structures.

The end result found in Sutra IV is admittedly superior to this one. However, both this working version and the 'e-published' version have, I'm told, decent results besides my own.

8 comments:

Jason Miller, said...

I REALLY like this. Good stuff.

Question. Do you really consider the Latin to be VM? I mean, its pretty straightforward Latin.

Can you provide a source for that translation?

Jack Faust said...

Oh, and well shit. You've probably wondered about:
Ut quid Domine repellis animam meam, avertis faciem tuam a me...

That's something that was shoved into my head years ago while meditating. It corresponds to a specific Angel, but felt very, very right for this ritual.

Jack Faust said...

You make a good point; since it's straight-forward latin, it's not true VM. However, so long as you don't know the language it should function in a similar manner. I used Psalm 49 (I mistakenly thought this was the conjuration I used the Songs of Solomon with; it's not) to counter-balance the possibility of the entity coming through... "Wrong."

At the time I wrote it, I'd jumped back to Patrick Dunn's comments on 'magical' languages in Post-Modern Magick, as well as some of Peter Carroll's thoughts on the matter.

The initial translation was found here:
http://www.medievalist.net/psalmstxt/ps49.htm

I then altered some of the specifics; for example, the circle I was writing for is not Hebrew, so 'Children of Israel' went out. Instead it now reads 'Children of the Iron Cities,' etc.

In that, I felt I was tying in the mythological memes of the construct I wanted to evoke/invoke into it. Your thoughts, sir?

Jack Faust said...

And holy shit... is this not even the version I thought it was? *growls* I need to go through my shit again and check.

Jason Miller, said...

I knew that came from the Psalms.

It was the rest I was wondering about.


Ut quid Domine repellis animam meam, avertis faciem tuam a me

Lord, why castest thou off my prayer: why turnest thou away thy face from me?

On of course the use of Latin as VM rests upon the theory that VM work because the meaning is unknown to the operant.

Some would say that true VM have a vibration or power all their own. For instance in Tantra the Mantras are VM and never translated from Sanscrit when performing a Sdhana, even whenthe rest is translated from Sanscrit into Tibetan or some other language. However the Mantras have a power all their own, even when the meaning is known or the words are common sanscrit.

Now, I like your ritual because I happen to really dig Latin and feel that it has a "power punch" all its own, so it works for me.

I was just curious about your reasoning.

Jack Faust said...

Did you catch my last entry? *laughs*

Jack Faust said...

"Some would say that true VM have a vibration or power all their own."

My working theory is that you're right. I think, in this case, the Psalms work well; they don't have a vibration except that they were often composed as songs, and that works nicely. I've actually sung said ritual to good results.

That said, you're right. It's not true VM. Specifically, the vibrational power of the God names is not there. But I'm right there with you in regards to the Latin aspect; it's one of my favorite languages for conjuration.

"Ud quid" etc. corresponds to Ieiazel. "For the deliverance of prisoners, for consolation, for deliverance from one's enemies. Governs printing and books. Men of letters and artists."

But in this case, the same cry or plea for help should correspond with the evocation/invocation of the Daemon I've selected and the proper attributes. Granted, I met him in the Nails. So there is that. Some have postulated that it was the reason I didn't lose my mind.

Simianus Alef said...

Pardon the ignorance. Since I do understand Latin is the rite less effective? Thanks. --Simianus