Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ahha!

I see what I did there!

Okay. As for the last entry, which was a ritual, I totally screwed up in properly revealing my sources. In fact, I wouldn't have noticed because I've had that piece on hand for so long, if it wasn't for Jason asking for my sources. So here it goes.

Last March-May I was working on two things, one became the 'Daemon of Protection' evocation, and the other was titled 'Songs of the Dead Lover'. Both used Latin in the conjuration pieces. One, Daemon, used Psalm 49 for evocative purposes. Specifically sections which correspond to God declaring that he'll bring Heaven to Earth, which worked for the idea of evoking a spirit like Malak Ta'us, and declarations of powers over man and beast.

The other used the Songs of Solomon, and I spent hours upon hours modifying the structure so each would correspond with the astral landscape that Ryan, VI, and myself were playing in. ("The Cities of Iron," found in Sutra IV.) There is only one modification to Daemon from the original latin text of Psalm 49: Audi populus meus et loquar tibi Israhel et testificabor: tibi Deus ex Machina."O Israel, and I will testify to thee: I am God from the Machine." That's my clever little 'haha, information is alive' commentary that I put in there to amuse myself.

The phrase "Ut quid Domine repellis animam meam, avertis faciem tuam a me..." opens it and has absolutely nothing to do with Psalm 49. It has an occult source and if you know where to look, I'm sure you can find it.

So the break down works like this:
Advocabit caelum desursum et terram.
"He shall call heaven from above, and the earth."

Congregate illi sanctos eius qui ordinant testamentum eius super sacrificia.
"Gather ye together his saints to him: who set his covenant before sacrifices."

(Half of us that wrote for the Sutras are 'Discordian Saints'. Yes, I selected that on purpose.)

Audi populus meus et loquar tibi Israhel et testificabor: tibi Deus ex Machina.
Once again: "O Israel, and I will testify to thee: I am the God from the Machine."

Cognovi omnia volatilia caeli et pulchritudo agri mecum est.
"For all the beasts of the woods are mine: the cattle on the hills, and the oxen."

Quoniam meae sunt omnes ferae silvarum iumenta in montibus et boves.
"I know all the fowls of the air: and with me is the beauty of the field."

You can find more of the Psalms in Latin here. And believe me, they really work well with conjurations. In the case of Psalm 109, they work well with cursing, too. Just sayin'. If you want to see the actual piece that had warped memetics and such from the Songs, feel free to leave a comment.

I apologize for the mistake. It was totally my bad. And no, it's not proper VM. But if you don't know the language, Latin works nicely by breaking up linguistic processes and inducing trance. That's all I got.

3 comments:

Riley said...

" But if you don't know the language, Latin works nicely by breaking up linguistic processes and inducing trance."

Plus it allows you to get yer pompous magus on by using the 'language of learned men'. :D

jez379 said...

I just wanted to say thank you for the Palms in Latin link. I really need to become more proficient at Google....but than, I have you, dear one :)

Simianus Alef said...

"If you want to see the actual piece that had warped memetics and such from the Songs, feel free to leave a comment." -- I would really like to see a warped rewrite of the Song of Songs. Nobody seems to have asked yet. --Simianus